To Be an International Student can Gain you more than you Think, Today, Hubert Humphrey Scholarships have the best opportunity of you to Study in USA under Grant and Sponsorship. Meanwhile, you need get all the Descriptions, Requirements and How to Proceed with your Application in order to among the First List. This is what you should Know;
Hubert Humphrey Scholarships in USA
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. The Humphrey Program is for experienced professionals interested in strengthening their leadership skills through a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the U.S. and Fellows’ home countries.
Fellows are placed at one of the participating USA universities. Fellows are not able to choose which university they will attend. Rather, they are assigned in diverse groups of 7-15 to the most appropriate host institution based on their area of interest and professional field.
Level/Field of study:
As a non-degree program, the Fellowship offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, attending conferences, networking, and practical work experiences. The eligible program fields are:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
• Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
• Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Number of Awards:
Approximately 200 Fellowships are awarded annually.
Citizens of eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
The Fellowship provides for:
Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university;
Pre-academic English language training, if required;
• A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance;
• Accident and sickness coverage;
A book allowance;
A one-time computer subsidy;
• Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to required program events);
• A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
The applicant must have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree,
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States,
- Demonstrated leadership qualities,
- A record of public service in the community, and
- English language ability
Please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence to learn about possible specific program requirements (link found below).
Hubert Humphrey Scholarships Application instructions:
Application deadlines vary by country but falls around May to September each year. The nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission will advise you of its internal deadline for receiving applications. Embassies and Commissions must submit their nominations to the Institute of International Education office in Washington, DC by 1 October.
Please contact the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy or Bi-national Fulbright Commission in your country for more information about application procedures.
- Country Offering: USA Government
- Types: Non-degree
- Deadline: before (annual)
- Study in: USA
- Program starts Apr-Sept 2021
It is important to read the FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.