Are looking forward to studying at one of the top universities in the US with a fully funded scholarship? Then this is the opportunity you have been as the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is right here to offer fully funded scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a graduate degree in the United states.
Moreover, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a fully funded scholarship available to international students across the globe. The scholarship is offered for Master’s and PhD degree at the Stanford University in the United States. However, in this article we will provide information in details about the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, scholarship value or benefits, eligibility requirements, application procedure and other important information about this scholarship program.
- About the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
- Scholarship description or summary
- Scholarship benefits
- Eligibility requirements for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program
- Application process
- Additional notes
- Official website
About The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is an international scholarship for graduate-level study at Stanford University. The scholarship program was established in 2016, it named after Nike co-founder and Stanford School of Business alumnus Phil Knight and John L. Hennessy, who is Stanford’s tenth president.
Furthermore, the program attracts a group of highly-achieving students with wide range of backgrounds from around the world annually. With the aim of preparing them to take leadership roles in creating solutions to complex challenges facing the world.
In addition to their graduate studies, scholars will broaden knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen character, as scholars will participate in leadership development programs, workshops, meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities for mentorship through the King Global Leadership Program.
Moreover, the Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford California. It was founded in 1885 by Leland and Jane Stanford in their only child Leland Stanford Jr., who died at the age of 15 of typhoid fever. The school ranks among the best universities in the world.
Scholarship Description or Summary
However, here’s an overview of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program:
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Stanford University, USA
Fully funded graduate-level scholarship
Full time graduate (Masters and PhD) degrees
Field of Study(s):
Graduate degree program in arts, engineering, education, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine.
Number of Awards:
Applicants from all countries across the globe are invited to apply
The program funds the scholar’s three years of graduate study
October 6, 2021
Furthermore, the scholarship program will provide each recipient with the following benefits:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
- Moreover, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program may provide funding if you engage in optional research projects during the summer.
Note: Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel). Also, the scholars will receive these inclusions during each of the first three years of the study. Click here for more details on what is covered by the program and what is not.
Eligibility Requirements for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Furthermore, the applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be considered eligible for the Knight-Hennessy scholarship:
- Firstly, you must have to apply, be accepted, and enroll in a full-time graduate degree program in Stanford University. Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
- Secondly, you must have earned, in January 2015 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing. Moreover, to apply to join in the cohort in 2022, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2015 or later. Also, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2016 or later in order to apply to join the cohort 2023.
Other criteria they program will be seeking for in your application include:
- Independence of thought:
- Demonstrates mental sharpness and intellectual ability
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguity
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Purposeful leadership:
- Ambitious in service of a better world
- Driven to improve self and others
- Able to include and elevate others
- Self-aware and adaptable
- Persistent and resilient
- Civic mindset:
- Personally humble and kind
- Supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Click here to view the full eligibility requirements for this scholarship program
Furthermore, follow the step by step guidelines outlined below to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program:
- Just as we mentioned earlier, you must have to apply, be accepted, and enroll in a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford University. You must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program.
- You might apply for both concurrently, but also separately. This is because each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs.
- Click here to review the full list of Stanford’s graduate programs to ensure the university offers the program you wish to study and their specific application deadline.
- Click here for further information about the requirements Stanford graduate program application.
Then follow these steps for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program application:
- Step 1: Start your online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements.
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline. (Note: You will not be able to edit once you submit your application, with the exception of test scores and recommenders)
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page.
- Separately: Prepare and submit all parts of your Stanford graduate degree program application by its deadline. Visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Please review deadlines carefully as they vary by degree program, and some programs specify a separate application deadline specifically for Knight-Hennessy Scholars applicants
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- We highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Click here for more details on the application instructions for the scholarship program.
Moreover, note that you must complete both your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application and the entire application process for your graduate degree program, including any standardized test that your graduate degree program requires (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and, if applicable, an English proficiency test (TOEFL; or, for MBA program only, IELTS or PTE). The Stanford graduate degree program application may require a fee.
In conclusion, it is important to visit the official website of the scholarship provider for detailed information using the link below. As information may be updated at any moment without notice.